The Ski Area
Valle Nevado is only 47 miles / 90 minutes away from Santiago airport. It is a favorite of North American skiers, with a cosmopolitan flavor and proximity to the capital city.
Valle Nevado has extensive ski terrain and long runs, great off-piste and offers world-class heli-skiing that is rated the best in South America.
It is part of the Tres Valles (Three Valleys) of the Andes, which also include El Colorado and La Parva. All 3 resorts are contiguous, adding up to a skiable area with more than 40 lifts, and 7000 acres.
During the camp we will ski mostly at Valle Nevado, with one day each at La Parva and El Colorado. An interesting blog on Valle Nevado here.
The Hotel Puerta del Sol is Valle Nevado's mid-range hotel, perfect for families, friends and couples. Rooms face north (ski terrain view) with outdoor terraces, or south (resort view) with a bay window. For families, the hotel has rooms with connecting doors, "double double" two bedroom units, and a 2-story, loft-style room for 4 people. The hotel is centrally located and has direct access to the outdoor pool, as well as a Kids Zone, internet center, the Bar Puerta del Sol, and the Mirador del Plomo restaurant.
Guestrooms that face north come with terraces overlooking the resort and outdoor pool. (Down there North is where the sun is 🙂
Hotel Tres Puntas is Valle Nevado's budget conscious hotel with quad (2 bunk bed sets) , triple (1 bunk bed and 1 twin) and double(2 twin beds) rooms.
The hotel is just a 2 minute walk from the slopes.
The hotel offers the Pub Tres Puntas with nightly live music, and the contemporary, renovated Sur restaurant, with panoramic windows and views.
- Breakfast at Sur restaurant and Dinner served at either Sur or Mirador del Plomo restaurant. Prior reservations are required for dinner.
- Welcome drink. Every Saturday from 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
- Après ski at Bar Puerta del Sol from 5 to 6 pm.
- Access to the fitness center. Sauna, exercise room, aerobics and stretching lessons available.
- Outdoor heated pool, game room, pub and planned activities.
- Ski room.
- Free Wi-Fi in public areas: Lobby, Bar Puerta del Sol and at Mirador del Plomo restaurant.